- develop a common understanding about ISSs to enable the 27 MS to organise feasible services and embed them within their AKISs;
- generate new knowledge about the actors providing ISSs in the MSs, the functions that they are performing, their organisational models and the AKIS governance models in which they operate;
- assess capacity assets and needs for setting up and/or improving the functioning of innovation support and define ISSs curricula;
- design impactful pathways to empower and embed ISSs.
The aim of WP2 is to activate a dynamic process of multi-actor engagement mainly involving the EU ISS community and actors of the AKIS, in order to:
- develop a strategic plan to engage the ISS community and AKIS’ actors;
- connect innovation actors to improve ISS performance for sustainable farming in the EU;
- widen the ATTRACTISS network and cross-fertilize with a wide range and diversity of innovation actors (projects, networks, individual farmers, etc.) covering all 27 MSs.
WP3 will inspire ISSs with methods and tools on how to discover innovative grassroots ideas from farmers and how to enable relevant actors to work out these ideas in a co-creative way. Its specific objectives:
- map, identify and try out of innovation generation and support methods from inside and outside agriculture in a co-creative way with actors from all 27 MS;
- identify major barriers but also opportunities towards an innovation enabling environment;
- feed and inspire ISSs by offering a user-friendly portal website of innovation generation support methods and tools, including recommendations on how to build an innovation enabling environment.
The aim of this WP is to foster and improve best practice for ISSs and other key actors engaging in multi-actor activities; and to support enhanced understanding of these approaches and their benefits to underpin greater adoption amongst all AKIS actors and all MS.
This will be done by:
- delivering capacity building activities and actions for ISS key actors across all MS (“training the trainer”; effective tools);
- promoting cross organisational learning on ISS through the exchange of good practice and peer to peer review activity (e.i., online key actor forum, IRL and online events, study tours).
WP5 will facilitate a better participation in ISS by supporting national and regional AKIS actors for a faster promotion of co-creation, knowledge exchange, capacity building and evaluation of ISS measures. WP5 will:
- advance an innovation ecosystem amongst all AKIS actors;
- improve knowledge exchange between ISSs, Managing Authorities and AKIS actors at regional/ national and EU level;
- develop recommendations for managing authorities how to monitor and evaluate ISSs performances;
- support capacity building for managing authorities and all AKIS coordination bodies to achieve better embeding of ISS within AKIS.
WP6 is responsible for widely communicating, disseminating, and engaging with Managing Authorities (MAs) and AKIS actors, through:
- ensuring that results, findings, tools, and recommendations are better available, shared, and accessible in the 27 EU Member States;
- developing awareness and engage the ISS community;
- exploiting the results after the project implementation, to enhance the capacity to further support the improvement of the functioning of ISSs across Europe.
WP7 is designed to actively ensure the smooth strategic and scientific coordination and monitoring of all ATTRACTISS activities, timely implementation of the project and efficient fulfilment of administrative and financial requirements. It will also develop the Data Management Plan.